Click below to view some of the historical photos of Silver End
The Factory and Power House. The Power house provided power to the factory and lighting for the houses and streets.
An artist’s impression of Silver End school. Designed by J. Stuart. It has since been extended but still retains its original charm from the front.
Boars Tye Farm provided the village with fresh produce. Land surrounding this has been developed but the barn has been converted for residential use.
The Bakery. Attached to the Department Store in Broadway, also selliing sausages and meat pies with meat from the Boars Tye Farm.
“Silver End Village Hall in 1928. Designed by Murray Hennell and including a library, billiard and card rooms, restaurant and cinema.
Silver End village plans showing in black the housing completed in 1927 and in red, planned housing, some of which was never actualy completed.
“Le Chateau” on Boars Tye Road. Built in 1927 by Frederick Macmanus of Sir John Burnet & Partners for one of the managers.